Aussie Adopted - Sydney Unveiled
I’ve flipped through travel magazines, stared at Pinterest pictures and dreamed of being in each dream destination. Seeing was close enough to being, at least, that’s what I believed until I realized stepping into the picture was a magnificently different experience.
Sydney, Australia has been my home for the past four days. I’ve become a part of its picture. Instead of scrolling through photos of girls perched on Aussie cliffs, I am the girl. Rather than daydream of surging with waves, I’m in the water, swept toward a golden shore.
- There are swarms of wild cockatoos in parks and along the cliffs. Each time I see them, I lose my mind with excitement.
- Coffee is cheap! Instead of forking out six dollars for a latte or flat white, I pay around $2 US, which means I’ll probably be over-caffeinated while here.
- Winter in Australia is cold, but lovely. The Vivid lights festival is currently taking place in Sydney—a must-see! The ocean is also a balmy twenty-degrees warmer than the air.
- Aussie culture is friendly. You’ll want to hug everyone who calls you “Mate” and “Love.”
- Views are beyond belief. Some sights have rendered me speechless.
- Tax is already included in prices.
- Tipping isn’t a cultural norm.
Included below are some photos from my adventures. Scroll through them if you wish to know more about the landscape, food, and culture.